HEAL is a sustainable human settlement. We practice a way of living that “touch the earth lightly”. By this practice and the application of Permaculture, we strive to be a healing presence and witness to the integrity of all creation. HEAL was founded to be a place were all people, all cultures, and all creation are affirmed and celebrated.
THE GREAT WORK
The Great Work now as we move into a new millennium is to carry out the transition from a period of human devastation of the planet to a period where humans would be present to the planet in a mutually-enhancing manner.
Various programs have been developed and can be offered upon request.
- SACRED WALK – Get acquainted with HEAL’s community of life and experience their interrelationships through a guided walk. (3 hours)
- A DAY WITH THE EARTH – Experience the Sacred Walk, reflections on the ecological crisis, the New Story of Creation, and a chance to touch the earth (9:00am to 4:00pm)
- ECOLOGICAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT– Reflect on current waste management problems and practices. Learn how we can address these problems the earth-conscious and ecological way.
- PERMACULTURE – Learn about permanent agriculture and sustainable human settlement design. Experience how this is applied in HEAL.
- ALTERNATIVE HEALING MODALITIES – Allow nature’s healing capacity to work in you. Learn about herbal medicine and preparation and other alternative modes of healing.
- CREATION CENTERED SPIRITALITY MODULES – We have developed modules for seminars and retreats on eco-spirituality. (individual private directed retreats and groups retreats of 5- 8 days) They are facilitated upon request and offered several times a year. They are open to all groups; lay and religious.
- TRAINING FOR FACILITATORS FOR BUILDING ECOLOGICAL AWARENESS AND FOR ECO- RETREATS – For those with a solid foundation in the New Story of Creation, HEAL offers yearly a training for gaining more skills and deepening eco-spirituality. A certificate will be granted upon successful completion of the training period. Especially geared to formators, spiritual directors, community leaders, pastoral workers, teachers etc. If you feel that you have the necesssary foundation, please ask for more information.
- VENUE USE – You can use our facilities and conduct your own program except that HEAL staff will give the group an orientation and a tour of the place.
Content and processes of programs are tailored according to the purpose of the requesting participants or groups.
All programs and retreats however, are focused on creation and our role as co-creators, guardians and healers of God’s creation.